OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY,
Your privacy is important to us. We are responsible for the information we collect about you and are committed to protecting the confidential nature of any personal data we may have access to. By “personal data” we refer to personally identifiable information about you, such as your name, business name, telephone or fax number, email address or mailing address, billing information, method of payment for order processing and any other information that is identified with you. We do not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than identified below, except with your consent or as required by law.
1.What is personal data?
Personal data is any information about an identified physical person or a physical person that may be directly or indirectly identified via an identification number or one or more elements particular to them, such as their last name, first name, date of birth, customer number, order number, photo, etc.
2. When can we collect your personal data?
We can collect your personal data when you:
- create a customer account on our website, apps, or in our stores.
- order goods from our website.
- make purchases in stores.
- use our online services.
- agree to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, SMS or post, depending on your selection.
- answer surveys or satisfaction questionnaires based on your customer experience.
- interact with our Company via its official page on social networks or when we suggest re-use of content that you have published on a social network.
- contact our customer service.
- send requests for information to our Company.
- take part in an event we organize.
- browse on the Internet using cookies or similar technology or when you click on advertisements for our products
3. What personal data might we collect?
As part of the services we provide, we may need to collect certain data directly from you using electronic forms on our website, mobile apps or in selected stores, or in paper form.
Information we might collect includes:
- Your identity.
- Your contact details (e.g. email address).
- Your personal preferences in relation to the products we market or to our website (language).
- Information relating to your orders, their tracking and your purchase invoices.
- Information you may provide for our customer service.
- Your bank details if you place an order via our website.
Important: your bank details are encrypted on Plethora servers. Payments are processed via a secured payment platform, involving additional verifications, in order to guarantee the security of purchases made on www.Plethora.ae and combat fraud.
The details you provide of your Payment Card when placing an order are always encrypted prior to transit using an SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol.
- Personal data essential to Plethora is marked with an asterisk on all personal data collection forms on our website, in electronic form at some of our counters and stores, as well as off-line in paper form. If you do not fill in these compulsory fields, Plethora will probably be unable to respond to your request and/or provide you with the requested services. Other information is optional and enables us to get to know you better and improve our communications and services with respect to you.
- We may also collect certain data generated by your purchases of products or services, online or in stores, particularly information regarding the amount and type of your purchases.
- Lastly, we may collect information regarding the use of our website, especially with respect to your browsing (pages visited, links clicked, etc.). Some of this information may be collected using cookies placed in your web browser when you browse our website. For more information about cookies, read section on Cookie Management in this policy.
- If you apply for a job with our Company via our website, we may collect the following information:
- Your identity.
- Your contact details.
- Your Curriculum Vitae.
- Your application letter.
As this data concerns your application, please inform us in writing of any changes to your contact details or, more generally, to your career and employment situation, to help us to manage your application efficiently.
4. For what purpose is your personal data collected and used?
Plethora processes your data to:
- enable you to create a customer account on our website, applications, at our counters and in our stores.
- manage your access to your customer account on the Internet or our applications.
- process and manage your online orders and their delivery.
- record purchases made at our counters or in our stores.
- secure online transactions, prevent fraud, payment incidents and manage debt collection (see our terms and conditions for more details).
- manage customer relations with respect to any requests for information or complaints you may send us via our website, customer service or social network pages.
- manage and optimize your customer experience by improving our knowledge of our customers.
- propose appropriate, tailored services, particularly when we enhance our products and services.
- conduct statistical analyses to develop management, measuring and reporting tools in order to adjust and improve our sales, marketing and product manufacturing.
- subject to your consent, send you information on our offers, news and events on your chosen communication media.
- manage your participation in any events to which you have signed up.
- manage any online job applications.
5. What legal grounds legitimize the processing of your data?
Plethora processes your personal information:
- to perform the contract agreed between yourself and Plethora, to manage your access to your customer account and to process and track your orders.
- within the framework of its legitimate interest for the purposes of marketing management, securing its digital media (websites, applications, etc.) and combating fraud.
- when you have given your consent for the processing of your data, especially for the purposes of managing our sales prospection, and of your browsing data via cookies, etc.
6. Who are the recipients of your personal data?
Your personal data is processed by the personnel of Plethora. We ensure that only authorized persons within Plethora have access to your personal data when this is necessary for the purpose of managing our commercial relations or meeting our legal obligations.
We may also share your personal data with:
- other entities of the Plethora Group, with some of these entities acting as data processors.
- subcontractors, such as:
- site hosting and maintenance service providers and the providers of our electronic personal data collection solutions at counters and in stores.
- payment service providers.
- anti-fraud service providers.
- logistic service providers.
- marketing solution service providers.
- sales prospection and social network communication service providers.
- customer service providers.
- event organization service providers.
Lastly, Plethora may need to share your personal data with third parties to meet its legal, regulatory or treaty obligations, or to respond to requests from authorized legal authorities.
Plethora may share some of your personal data, including data collected via cookies, for the shared management of the website www.plethora.com, particularly to allow you to have a single customer account on this website, update the information on your customer account and customize communication about our products that we may send you.
7. Contact details of the Data Protection Officer (DPO) and your right to lodge a complaint
For all questions relating to the collection and processing of your data by Plethora Group, you can contact the Plethora Data Protection Officer, Tel +971 4 3202021.
Our Website uses first party cookies (very small files that are sent by us to your computer or other access device) and other similar technologies which we can access when you visit our Website in the future. We may also use third party cookies.
- Website functionality cookies
- These cookies enable you to browse the Website and use our features such as shopping baskets
- Website analytics cookies
- We use these cookies to measure and analyses how our customers use the Website. This allows us to continuously improve our Website and your shopping experience.
- Customer preference cookies
- When browsing or shopping online, the Website will remember your preferences (for example your user name, language or location). This makes your browsing experience simpler, easier and more personal to you.
- Targeting cookies or advertising cookies
- These cookies are used to deliver adverts relevant to you. In addition, they limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as helping us measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns.
- Third-party service provider cookies
We may work with third party companies whom we authorize to place third-party cookies, web beacons, or similar technologies for storing information on the Website. These service providers help us to provide you with a better, faster, and safer experience. These service providers may use these technologies in the ways described above and in addition may help us and you to avoid fraud.
By using our Website, you agree that we and they can place these types of cookies on your device and access them whenever you visit the Website or other websites operated by us.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Website.